This Makeover Momma original recipe for White Grilled Cheese Bagel With Dill Sauce is a tasteful twist on the classic sandwich: creating a healthy, nutritious lunch that will make you (and your kids) feel rich and famous. Although it is not severely low in calories,Â this gluten-free* mealÂ is a great way to get your calcium for the day (and can be perfectly balanced with other healthfulÂ items throughout the day). Or try making it healthier by using low-calorieÂ or fat-free yogurts, sour cream, and cheese…
White Grilled Cheese Ingredients
- 1 gluten-free frozen pre-made bagel (like Glutino Premium Plain)
- 4 lean slices of gluten-free fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. of fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. of fresh goat cheese grumbles
Dill Sauce Ingredients
- 1 medium cucumber
- Â¼ cup of fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Â½ cup of gluten-free sour cream (like Organic Valley or Daisy).
- Â½ cup of plain gluten-free yogurt (try Fage Total 2% Greek Strained)
- 2 tablespoon of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
– Create sauce by combining 1 medium cucumber (it doesnâ€™t need to be peeled), fresh dill, sour cream, yogurt, and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Pour sauce into separate bowl, mix in additional salt and 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan until evenly distributed. Sauce will be liquid until placed in refrigerator for 1 hour (or until has thickened and chilled).
– Shortly before eating, prepare bagel by covering in thin slices of mozzarella cheese, followed by gratings of Parmesan. Cook in oven according to package directions, or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
– Let bagel cool, and top with additional fresh goat cheese crumbles. Follow with drizzles of chilled gluten-free dill sauce, and get ready for some fine dining!
Serves 1 (or split with your child for a low-calorie lunch!)
* This recipe is gluten free, and can be made dairy-free by using vegetable, soy and vegan cheeses.