* Product Review of the Week:
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is still going strong on Makeover Momma this week (and in New York), so it’s time to talk beauty. The runways were full of aesthetic trends this season: 70’s glitter, ethereal eyeshadows, bold lips and more. Which beauty look would work the best for you? Read on to find out…
Top Beauty Products At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week: Fall 2011 Season
* Look #1:
The Adrienne Vittadini show is today, and Makeover Momma’s team of contributors will be ready to report from the front lines. So what is the beauty look at this unique presentation? Michael Pearce from Hourglass Cosmetics will be creating a autumnal smoky style (using iconic models like Niki Taylor and Carol Alt). His sketch above shows a rosy toned inspiration (including flushed cheek bones and rusty eye shadows).
What To Use For Face and Hair:
* Hourglass Cosmetics Aura Sheer Cheek Stain: This cheek stain is perfect for on the go women who have no time for makeup. It swipes on seamlessly (almost like a large marker) and leaves a subtle glow to your face without over doing it. Since it casts a natural tone, you can also use it on your lips or eyelids to save time in the morning (or layer it on for a more dramatic effect).
* Avon Advanced Techniques Daily Shine Mirror Shine Spray: If you want to see Avon’s Advanced Techniques line in action, just check out images from the Adrienne Vittadini show later today (yep, they’re doing the hair). Even though all of the Advanced Techniques products are amazing (most notably the frizz-defying, wave taming miracle that is Lotus Shield), I personally am digging this Daily Shine Mirror Spray. Even if your hair has been damaged from too much frying or dying (or heck, too many kids pulling on it), you can fake the appearance of soft, silky hair using this light weight spray.
* Look #2:
If you don’t like Carmen Marc Volvo, you might be a little bit insane. His show was over the top, un-resistable glamour this season, and the beauty looks were just as gorgeous. In order to balance out the bold gowns and vibrant, texturized fabric, the makeup was kept effortlessly chic (and skin looked nearly flawless).
What To Use For Face:
* Beautisol “Need I Glow More?” Face Self-Tanning Lotion: If you were at the CMV after party (even if only in your fantasies), you would have scored the popular Summer Glow Self Tanning Lotion from Beautisol. But even if you love their body self tanners, you don’t want to miss their new sunless facial product. Featuring special technology to eliminate that weird self tanning smell (“eau de Lindsay Lohan”, as I call it), it creates a natural looking glow over night without the weird streakage. Best of all, it has serum like components to prevent signs of aging, eliminate oil and ward off any potential breakouts (it was created just for oily skin). But don’t worry, they also offer a special Dry Skin formula for those with easily irritated, sensitive complexions.
* Look #3:
L’oreal is known for making designer level products without the obscene price tag… but did you know they can rock it on the runway too? Even though L’oreal was behind the scenes in hair and makeup a lot this season (like the hair-taculous Rachel Roy show above), their latest products would be perfect for any runway (even if it’s just your living room). Here is how you can create your own trend at home…
What To Use For Face:
* L’oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator: Can elongating mascara and shimmery colors really go hand in hand? Even though 1970’s makeup, glitter and glam were kicking runway butt this season, you can still get a hint of shimmer without going too far. This brand new mascara creates long, tamed lashes with a jet black formula, but adds a hint of illuminating color with a second top coat. You can choose a color that brings out the best in your eyes (think quartz for brown eyes or copper for blue), or simply get “black crystal” for a universal shade. I prefer applying a small amount to the tips of my eyelashes to make them look longer (rather than go all out Lady Ga Ga sparkle), but hey…to each her own!
* L’oreal Studio Secrets Professional One Sweep Eye Shadow: If you’re anything like me, you’re way too lazy to go all Kim Kardashian on your eyelids at 7 AM in the morning (with children screaming in your ear). Eyeshadow is by far the biggest after thought in my daily lifestyle, and in turn, has left me rather inept at shading, shadowing or flattering my overall eye shape. This is why the new One Sweep Eye Shadow is so cool. It does just what you assume (layers on the perfect amounts of corresponding eyeshadow in a quick, easy motion) but delivers far better than one would presume. I loved sweeping this on and gently “smudging” with my finger to create a soft, smoky look in a fraction of the time.
* Speak Up: Which of these beauty looks do you want to try?