What would you do if you could spend a small amount of money on an investment piece, but give even more money back to charity? That’s exactly what Makeover Momma is doing with our Open Sky Charity Fusion campaign. We are joining with four other amazing shopkeepers (announced on Monday), to create a unique, one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry with Hip Fusion Designs.
And what is inspiring this beautiful piece of jewelry? Our favorite charity of course! For Makeover Momma, it wasn’t too much of a leap to guess who we wanted to give back to: military families.
The Charity: Fisher House. This is an organization that provides housing for families of wounded soldiers throughout military bases nationwide. It allows our injured troops to receive the invaluable love and unconditional support of their spouses, children and family, without having to worry about hotel bills and fiscal burdens.
The Inspiration: Since my brother is currently on his fifth deployment to Afghanistan, I had asked him which charity he would choose, and he believes in Fisher House the most. And so, I wanted to design an item that my mother could wear in honor of her son, or that my sister-in-law could wear to think about her husband. And that plenty of other men and woman could wear to remember who they love in the military (or who they love at home), without every having to take it off.
* I designed a FREEDOM bracelet, which can be created with your choice of three words: FREE, BRAVE or HOME
* Give this to yourself or as the perfect gift: For anyone who needs a daily reminder of why we are free, why they can be brave (no matter their obstacle in life) or how connected to home they truly are….
* The bracelet is simple, classic and a soft neutral bronze: created specifically so that it would go with any outfit, any taste or preference, and can be worn all the time.
* It can be gender neutral. Per your request, Hip Fusion Designs can remove the heart detail and dangling clasp, to create a masculine, simple statement.
* I am donating 75% of all proceeds earned directly to Fisher House, and Open Sky is matching my donation (so you’re donating more to charity than you put in!)
* The bracelet is $30 (we made it as affordable as possible, while still creating a hand-made, worthy investment). But you’ll be donating right back to charity, with the generous help of Open Sky!
* We’re also launching dainty, $20 earrings, and donating 100% of proceeds to Fisher House (Open Sky will also match the donation!)
Where You Can Buy: In our Makeover Momma shop, June 21’st (next Monday)
Now is the time to spread the word: tell your friends, family and love ones, and get ready for the bracelet launch next Monday! Then act fast… we want to raise as much money as we can, to give back to military families! Are you in?
* What Do You Think: What do our troops mean to you?