Wish you could get silky straight hair, without spending tons of time in front of the mirror? We have always had a fear of flat irons and straightening tools (they can damage hair or take hours to use), but loved the idea behind the Hana Flat Iron (from Misikko, which specializes in hair straighteners and the best flat irons around), because they focus on 100% ceramic irons (which protect hair more from heat and damage). Misikko even offers (cult favorites) Chi flat irons and FHI flat irons…so it’s up to you!
But if you want fast and easy results from your flat iron of choice, try doing the following…
* Protect and Preserve: Remember to always protect your hair against heat styling by applying a protection specific product first (and reapplying between strands).
* Hydrate At All Times: Even if you’re protecting your hair from heat, you still need to fight against dryness. We love the natural, moisturizing oils from Macadamia Natural Oil (the deep repair masque is like a facial for your follicles!)
* Turn It Down: When in doubt, try to use the flat iron only on areas that truly need it (“spot treat” your hair for a quicker styling process), and turn the temperature down as much as possible.
Want to win this Misikko flat iron? It’s easy…
* Join the Misikko Newsletter (for special discounts, offers and hair straightening steals)
* Leave a comment! Just let us know: “What is your number one hair straightening trick?”
Makeover Mommaâ„¢ occasionally receives cosmetic products for review, with no obligation to positively promote or cover said brand. Receiving products has absolutely no influence over our recommendation of any particular product.