As the Fall and Winter season quickly approach, are you beginning to dread dealing with dry skin?We were lucky enough to interview Betsey Tomasulo, the Sr. Brand Marketing Manager Vaseline on the VaselineÂ® brand (who has been working at Unilever for four years), who is pumped about Vaseline’s latest product. “We are excited and proud to be introducing the biggest breakthrough in body lotion in over 10 years: VaselineÂ® Sheer Infusionâ„¢ with Stratys 3â„¢ which will deliver unprecedented results to consumers who seek the best in skin care.”
According to Betsey, “The Vaseline brand is committed to meeting the skincare needs of our consumer and we are constantly striving to develop advanced moisturizing technology. R&D is always coming up with new innovation which makes my job of marketing products so much fun”. Not only does she love her job, but she uses Vaseline products on a daily basis. Here are tips for keeping your skin hydrated this winter (without spending a lot of money)…
1) A lot of moms and busy women neglect the skin on their body, because they have little time in their morning routine. Do you have any tricks for remembering to put lotion on during the day?
“Moisturizing is extremely important to keep skin healthy and glowing. My rule of thumb is to moisturize your body right after you get out of the shower. This way it becomes part of your routine, almost like brushing your teeth. Another trick of mine is to make sure you have lotion with you at all times- on your desk at work, in your purse or gym bag and when you travel. I make sure that I put my lotion in small plastic containers so I have my favorite products with me when I travel by air.”
2) Ok, we have to ask: What are your top three favorite Vaseline products?
“This is a tough question as I really do love all Vaseline products.Â But if I have to name just three, here they are:
1. Of course I love the new VaselineÂ® Sheer Infusionâ„¢ with Stratys-3â„¢ Vitamin Burst. Not only does this lotion moisturize all layers of skin, the top, core and deep down it also features Vitamins B5 and E, and is perfect for women like me who want to give skin a boost.
2. Another favorite has got to be VaselineÂ® Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Gel which is made with 100% Natural Aloe Vera. While it looks like a gel it feels like a refreshing lotion once applied. It has a very cool feeling, you have to try it.
3. And I love the original – VaselineÂ® Petroleum Jelly. It is really a wonder jelly and a must-have, beauty staple for all women. You can use it for almost any beauty need out there- anything from applying underneath your makeup in the morning, to smoothing on your elbows and cuticles during the cooler months, to prevent chapping. I even apply dabs underneath my perfume points. Skin is protected and I find that the scent of the perfume lasts longer.”
3) What is your favorite thing about the new Vaseline Sheer Infusion product, and which do you love the most: Vitamin Burst, Botanical Blend or Mineral Renewal?
“My favorite thing about Vaseline Sheer infusion is that I love the way my skin feels when I put it on. It has a great silky skin feel and I always feel my skin is completely hydrated.
Although I love all the Vaseline Sheer Infusion products, as I mentioned, I really do love the Vaseline Sheer Infusion Vitamin Burst.Â It has a nice light citrus scent. I wear it daily! Best of all, all of the Sheer Infusion products are available for under $10.00 each at food, drug and mass retailers starting next week!” (Got to love that price!)
Want to know more about Vaseline Sheer Infusion? Stay tuned for our Real Momma Product Review, coming soon!
* Tell Us: How do you keep your skin soft and hydrated in cold-weather months?
Images courtesy of Daily Makeover.