It’s the last post of 2010 and I have one question for you: how are you going to OWN 2011? Personally, I have the same goal in mind that I carry with me nearly every second of every day…. to be an even better mother. To be the best that I can be for my children, for my health and for our future. But even though I might have some balanced living goals in mind, I want to know how you plan to revamp your life in the new year. Who inspired this? Oprah of course!
I love Oprah Winfrey about as much as she loves making people cry and giving away free things. Even though she isn’t a mom herself, she seems to value and appreciate the every-day mother both in her shows, her charity and her attitude. This is I why I couldn’t be more pumped to see her new network: OWN. And to help you reach your fabulous goals in 2011, it’s time for the annual Makeover Momma Best of 2010 Awards. You ready?
Best Beauty In 2010
How did I judge these beauty products and why did I pick them? Personally, I chose products based on the fact that even if I received them for free, they are the items I’m scrambling to buy the second I run out.
* Talika Lipocils Eyelash Extender: This has been my all time favorite product for over a year now, and I’m still singing it’s praises. I simply swipe it on between coats of mascara and my eyelashes literally double (helping me look more awake even when my 18 month old has different ideas).
* Orglamix Pure Organic Mineral Foundation: I have beauty ADD and can easily get distracted from my favorite products.Whenever I try other types of foundations and cover ups, my skin always ends up breaking out and becoming irritated at a later date. This is why I love Orglamix: it keeps my skin clear and always look natural (plus, it’s so much cheaper than competing brands).
* Proactiv Repairing Lotion: The key to skipping makeup whenever you want is clear skin. For me, the easiest way to get it (without spending a ton of money) is using a generic acne face wipe to gently exfoliate and cleanse both morning and night, this Proactiv product, and an anti-aging moisturizer with SPF 30 or more. It’s like perfection in a bottle!
* Wen Conditioning Cleanser: Cleaning your hair with conditioner can seem counterproductive, but it can literally transform your hair (I swear!) I have never gotten so many compliments on my hair’s shine or health since using Wen (and I never want to stop using it!)
* Macadamia Natural Hair Oil: Hair and oil aren’t often a good mix, but this natural product has reversed years of damage in my own strands. I use this on my ends when just out of the shower, before curling or before going to sleep, and they’ve never been shinier!
Best Fashion In 2010
* True Balance Sneakers: I’m the kind of gal who considers dreaming about a marathon as good exercise, so I need shoes that can do the work for me. These New Balance toning sneakers are stylish, crazy comfortable and help me double my workout (even if it’s just walking around the house or going to the store).
* Shop Suey Boutique Purse: I don’t own fancy purses. On a good day, I carry a Fouis (faux-Louis) and beat up diaper bag, with very little interest in shelling out for the designer alternative. My Christina Satchel from Shop Suey Boutique completely changed my mind: it has high class appeal and can transform any outfit, despite it’s far from designer price.
Best of Healthy Living In 2010
* Xbox 360 Kinect: Sometimes I think my husband is married to two people: me and his Xbox. Even though I’ve never been much of a gamer, I am falling deeply in love with the newÂ Kinect system (props to Santa for sending it my way this year). I have been having so much fun exercising, playing and dancing each day that staying in shape for 2011 is going to be easier than ever. Worth every penny!
* Slim Fast 321 Plan Cappacino Shake: If you tend to skip breakfast or forget meals like I do, Slim Fast is the staple in healthy, tasty shakes. Despite years of trying other alternatives, I always go back to Slim Fast for fast, on-the-go meals (they just taste so darn good!)
Best of Family In 2010
* Juno Baby Educational DVD’s: Finding a DVD that entices both my 18 month old and 4 1/2 year old is tricky…but Juno does the trick. The mix of educational topics, brain stimulating musical compositions and healthy values is not only a hit with my kids, but a hit with me!
* My Skidders Shoes: If there is one question I’m asked every single time I leave the house it’s been “where did you get those shoes?” (And no, they’re not talking about me). Ever since I bought my toddlerÂ Skidders from Target.com (for only $12.99), strangers are constantly stopping to inquire about the unique mesh of sock and shoe. They’re the easiest shoes to pull on her feet, she never pulls them off and if we could make every single shoe in the world a Skidder…we would. (Yes, I love them that much).
* Between You & Me Journals: If you want to give the best gift in the world to someone you love, give this. This journal can be given to parents, daughters, sons and spouses, and lets them answer questions about their childhood, memories and favorite moments in life. It’s the perfect way to remember those you love and create a keepsake that will last forever.
* Scentsy No Burn Candles: Candles have always been a nuisance to me in the past. They drip wax, they can burn your children and can even burn down your home….that is, until I met Maria from Scentsy (a dear friend with amazing product offerings). Now my house always smells beautiful and inviting (and my kids are always safe): love it!
Don’t forget to use these products to help you OWN 2011! Check out this OWN Channel Finder to view the premier of Oprah’s new network (New Year’s day!)
I recieved this opportunity as a Conversation Leader from She Speaks.com.