Â There isÂ no such thing as the perfect fast-food sandwich, but trying to choose the bestÂ option wheneverÂ possible is a simple way to lose weightÂ after babyÂ and stay healthy.Remember these tips on your next drive-thru visit:
* Bypass The Bun:Â Take baby steps andÂ order your nextÂ drive-thru sandwich open face or wrapped in lettuce (and you’ll cut tons of calories!)
* Skip That Sauce: Order your sandwich without creamy sauces or fatty dressings (no mayo!), and add extra ketchup, mustard, lettuce, or tomato instead.
* Lean and Green: Try to choose lean, “white” meat over dark whenever possible.Go for grilled or baked chicken and fish, andÂ add another serving of vegetables for extra fiber and crunch.
* Fried… Fat?: Memorize the words “grilled, baked, or broiled” and make them your ordering motto. Skip the fried, battered and breaded menu option, because they are full of calories and oil.
* Come On, Get Happy: If you simply cannot resist the lure of a fast-food burger, try joining your little one and downsizing to child’s size. Simply picking the smallest size available (like a Happy Meal, for example) will cut calories and portions, without skipping taste.
Image courtesy of Family Magazine Group.