* Fitness Breakdown of the Week:
Has losing weight ever been a fun process? I mean really, has it ever been something you’ve looked forward to? The answer for most of us is “no” (unless you have some sort of masochistic mommy tendencies), but unfortunately…everything worth doing in life takes work. (Our children are perfect examples!) Then again, this doesn’t mean that you have to torture yourself on a treadmill or slave away over squats in an effort to be healthy.
Check out how I’m using the Kinect Challenge to put the fun back in fitness (plus, top products for getting fit)…
* Try The Kinect Challenge: How can playing a game help you feel better than ever? I rolled my eyes at my husband when he first bought the Kinect system over the holidays (“great, another thing to feed his video game habit”). I pictured him spacing out in front of the TV even more than he normally does, while I’m left cleaning up messes and wiping bottoms all night. Luckily, the Kinect system proved to be one the most unify things we could have done for our family. Not only have I been aiming to use it a minimum of 15 minutes a day, 4 days a week (to stay healthy), but I can include my kids in the game playing whenever I want.
My favorite game right now is the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved system. Although I’ll be writing more about this process over the next 3 months (so new details coming soon), it is definitely like having a personal trainer in your own home. My favorite part is the intense (but short) 14 minute circuit routines or the super fun Cardio Boxing exercise classes. Now no one has to know I like working out in my pajamas!
* Get Your Crunch On: If you want to eat healthy (instead of just working out correctly), no one makes better options that Natures Path. Even though I personally munch on their gluten-free cereals as snacks (and yes, sometimes even dinner), my husband loves their new Love Crunch mix. It features the most amazing ingredients ever found in a healthy breakfast (dark chocolate, strawberries, raspberries, coconut and flax granola), but also gives back by providing financial support to women wanting to start their own business. My favorite part of Love Crunch (other than the fact it looks like dessert) is the story behind it. It was created as wedding favor by a couple asking guests to do give acts of kindness to their community in lieu of gifts…and it’s been spreading the love ever since!
* Keep Jiggle At Bay: There is nothing worse than stopping an exercise during a work out, only to realize that parts of your body are still jiggling. And even though in my case this would include the stomach and thigh area, for some (less flat chested) women, this would definitely involve their bust. Thankfully, the Marika Magic Uplift Bra does everything it’s name claims. It lifts your “gals” while you’re getting fit, keeping them from enduring any further gravitational stretching or damage than motherhood already inflicted. This means you can prevent further sagging (yes, those babies will learn to obey), while giving a streamlined look to your workout tops. In the end you might find yourself looking (dare we say it?)….down right perky!
Want to win a special $100 GNC gift card to fuel your new fitness and nutrition needs? Here’s how….
* Comment Below: “How would you use this GNC gift card to help your healthy living goals?”