Â Â Â Â Â
This original Makeover Mommaâ„¢ recipe for personal Veggie Hummus Pizza* uses healthy pureed vegetables, hummus and simple frozen crust to create a protein and nutrient rich meal. It only takes minutes to assemble and cook, and uses plenty of leftover ingredients. Whether vegetables from last night’s salad, pasta sauce from last weekendâ€™s crock-pot meal…whatever you need to add for you and your kids!
- Frozen pre-made gluten-free pizza crust (such as Glutino brand)
- 4 tablespoons of (left-over) pasta sauce (Newmanâ€™s Own pasta sauce)
- Â¼ cup of pureed vegetables: peas, small amount of onion, and small amount of spinach
- 3 tablespoons of gluten-free natural hummus (like Athenoâ€™s brand)
- 1/3 of left-over whole tomato, or chopped tomato pieces (optional)
Before assembling the pizza, make sure to combine 1 cup of sweet peas, 1/3 cup of chopped onion, and 2 tablespoons of spinach into a blender, and puree until a fine paste (resembling the texture of pesto).
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and place the un-covered frozen pizza crust on a flat pan or surface. Spoon Â¼ cup of the pureed green vegetables onto the pizza, and 3 tablespoons of hummus spreading evenly over the surface. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons (as much as needed) of gluten-free pizza or pasta sauce over top, and cover with chopped tomatoes if desired. Cook for 10 minutes, and get ready to eat!
*All meal suggestions at Makeover Mommaâ„¢ will include allergen information and suggestions for children with allergies, celiac disease, or additional health concerns. The above recipe can be made gluten-free andÂ dairy-free.