It’s hard to not feel guilty when giving your toddler (or yourself) a cookie for a snack, but this Makeover Momma original recipe for Sunflower Fruit Cookies allows you to chow down completely guilt free. This healthy recipe is perfect for toddlers and mothers as a quick protein rich snack, nutritious dessert or better alternative to any sugar laden variety.
- 1 jar of organic sunflower butter (or low calorie peanut or almond butter).
- 2 cups of sugar-free dried fruit
- 2 eggs (Egg Beaters or egg whites make the recipe healthier).
- 1 Â½ cups of granola* with flax seeds, nuts or raisins (like Bakery On Main brand).
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and oil/butter a medium sized cookie sheet. Next, combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl (eggs, granola, peanut butter and additional dried fruits). Extra ingredients can be added if desired for bonus nutrients, like flax seeds, any kind of dried fruit (pineapple, mango or blueberries), nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans), and even a small handful of dark chocolate for the finicky eater.
– This recipe does not require sugar or unhealthy additives, because the fruit provides a sweet bite, while the sunflower butter gives a creamy, cookie texture.
– Drop large spoonful amounts of “batter” onto the pan, until forming 12 large cookies. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Let cool and set before removing from pan (or the cookies may crumble), and refrigerate before serving for additional staying power.
* This recipe is gluten free and dairy free, if gluten-free granola, fruit and sunflower butter are used. Make this recipe nut fruit by avoiding all products with nuts.