This recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Buttery Eggs has a unique comforting taste, while being jam-packed with healthy, nutritious ingredients (for you and the kids). Your family will never know how healthy these eggs truly are, but everyone will love the creamy texture and pecan topping.
* 2 to 4 cups of Egg Beaters (or low calorie egg whites)
* Â¼ cup of pureed butternut squash
* 1 whole banana
*Â 2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (like Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract)
* Â¼ cup of chopped gluten-free pecans
* Salt as needed.
* To save time, cook the butternut squash the night before. Start by cutting the squash in half lengthwise, scooping out the seeds, and laying facedown on a baking dish. Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. Scoop out insides, place in blender, and puree until completely smooth.
* In the morning, add 2-4 cups of Egg Beaters (or fresh eggs or egg whites), 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 1 whole banana, and Â¼ butternut squash purÃ©e mixture in a large blender, and mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
* Spread a small portion of olive oil (or gluten-free, non-stick spray) into a medium size skillet, and add desired portion of egg mixture. Cook the eggs per your preference (we recommend scrambled), set aside on a plate, sprinkle lightly with salt, and garnish with chopped pecans.
Serves 2 to 3.
* What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done (or tried) with your eggs?