This Makeover Momma Alphabet Beef Pie is a quick and easy way to fill your home with warm comforting smells and serve a hot home-cooked meal* (with very little effort). Your entire family will have fun eating this yummy twist on classic beef stew, while being unaware of the nutritious veggies, lean beef, and spelling lessons it boasts. (If the “alphabet topping” isn’t your style, try replacing with gluten-free mashed potatoes, sweet potato, or whatever else you feel will dress up the dish).
- 1 lb. of lean, chopped beef (Nature’s Promise gluten and hormone free brand)
- 1 can of peeled, chopped tomatoes (Del Monte Organic Diced Tomatoes)
- 3 cups of frozen (or fresh) vegetables- like corn, celery, and peas
- 1 cup of tomato or pasta sauce (Newman’s Own brand)
- 1 package of Ian’s brand frozen gluten-free Alphabet French Fries (for children)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the 1 lb. of lean un-cooked beef, 2 chopped and peeled potatoes, 3 cups frozen or fresh veggies of choice, 1 can of chopped tomatoes in its own juices, and the 1 cup of pasta sauce into the slow cooker: Set on High. Let the concoction cook for 6-7 hours, and set to warm until ready to serve.
On a separate plate, cook the Ian’s Alphabet Gluten-Free French Fries according to the package directions in the microwave (until thoroughly cooked.) Pour the beef pie ingredients into a separate serving dish, and cover with the Alphabet French Fries so it forms a “pie lattice” over top. Sprinkle dish with salt and pepper, and get ready to serve!
* This recipe is gluten-free