A well-rounded lifestyleÂ should not involveÂ deprivation, so try enjoyingÂ a decadent recipe for aÂ special weekend treat with the familyâ€¦and leave that guilt behind!
The following Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast* recipe creates a tasty and decadent breakfast that will quickly become your family’s favorite orÂ the ideal way to cheer up a dreary morning. Make it for a special holiday treat or a festive Sunday brunch where everyone can share. Feel free to add as little or as many chocolate chip garnishes as wanted (and you can evenÂ melt chocolate into the peanut butter syrup recipe if you wish!)
- 3 slices of gluten-free white bread (like Ener-G White Rice Loaf)
- 2 cups of Egg Beaters (or similar)- equal to 4 eggs
- Â¼ tablespoon of vanilla extract (like Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract)
- Â¼ cup chocolate milk, soymilk or rice milk (depending on allergen needs)
- Â¼ cup of brown rice syrup (like Lundberg Brown Rice Syrup)
- Â¼ cup of creamy peanut butter (gluten-free)
- Â¼ cup of gluten-free chocolate chip (such as Hershey’s brand)
Mix the 2 cups of Egg Beater, vanilla extract, chocolate soymilk (or similar) and dash of cinnamon into a medium sized bowl. Dip the slices of gluten-free white bread into the mixture until thoroughly coated, and cook in a pan until each side of the bread is slightly browned. Set the French toast on a serving plate to cool, and quickly pour the Â¼ cup of rice syrup and Â¼ cup of creamy peanut butter into a small bowl.
Melt in a small pan on the stove until at sauce-like consistency (or cook in a small bowl in the microwave if rushing) until melted. Add a handful of chocolate chips into syrup mixture, if desired. Pour the peanut butter syrup sauce over the French toast, and sprinkle with small amount of chocolate chips for the final flourish!
Â· All Makeover Momma original recipes are created with children’s allergies in mind. This recipe is both gluten free and dairy free (if desired), and can be peanut free with “peanut butter” substitutions.